Author Topic: Maxis Colonial furniture pieces repositoried to JonesiBB  (Read 2854 times)

Offline hokadk47

Maxis Colonial furniture pieces repositoried to JonesiBB
« on: March 30, 2022, 07:53:54 PM »
These furniture pieces used to be a little out of my comfort zone, I have never used them before and to be honest I did not like them.

Recently I decided to find some antique furniture for my french inspired rooms and after searching a while for cc I found a lot of beautiful recolors by PineappleForest on MTS. Those recols totally changed my view of these pieces - I suddenly could see the potential. You should definately check these out - find links in the text below.

I wanted a version with the fabric repoed to JonesiBB, since this is my favorite source of matching, patterned fabric.
I think they came out pretty well and now I am obsessed with them, so I thought I would share with you guys.

These are the pieces I have created

And here are examples of the pieces with different fabrics

Luxaire Camelback Loveseat and Armchair
I have cloned from the original maxis objects and fixed the mapping, so it fits better to patterned fabric.

Fabric is repoed to JonesiBB
Wood for both Loveseat and Armchair is repoed to the original maxis Loveseat,
so all existing Wood recols for the Loveseat will work for my new meshes as well

My new meshes have their own GUIDs, so they can co-exist with the original meshes.

Get my repositoried Loveseat and Armchair DL

Link to PineappleForests lovely recols (recommended) DL

ErgoSupreme Louis Diningchair
I like Pineapples fluffy version much more than the original maxis chair,
so I have cloned PineappleForests chair and fixed the mapping to fit JonesiBB.

Fabric is repoed to JonesiBB
Wood is repoed to the original maxis Chair (just as PineappleForests chair),
so all existing Wood recols for the Chair will work for my new mesh as well

My new mesh has its own GUIDs, so it can co-exist with the original maxis mesh and PineappleForests chair as well.

But you don't need PineappleForests chair to make my new mesh work.

Get my repositoried Diningchair DL

Link to PineappleForests lovely recols (recommended) DL

You will need Jonesi bed blanket in your game to make my new meshes work.
Link to Jonesi bedblanket mesh GM

If you need more bedblanket recols, please check my recols section and Amythestfenix recol section. She has a lot of very nice coordinated recol sets.

Also check my other repositoried items here if you need other items to match with.

Thanks to PineappleForest for inspiration, recols and a lovely Diningchair,
I can honestly say that without your mesh and wonderful recols my addons would not have been here.

Enjoy, Helle

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Maxis Colonial furniture pieces repositoried to JonesiBB
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
These are great! I also hated the mapping on the old pieces, and I like the versatility of using all my blanket recolors with these  :love

Offline hokadk47

Re: Maxis Colonial furniture pieces repositoried to JonesiBB
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
I am glad you like them, the wood is still the old weird mapping though. That is why I got so happy when I found all the options from PineappleForest :love

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal