Author Topic: SDA Art Deco Bedroom (Silver & Gold)  (Read 16565 times)

Online amythestfenix

SDA Art Deco Bedroom (Silver & Gold)
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »
See updated information on this set HERE at Tumblr!

I've redone the SDA Art Deco Bedroom (Silver & Gold) set so it will have all the matching textures from the Study, Living Room, Grand Salon, and Dining Room sets. In addition, I've repositoried most of the pieces so the recolors will take up less downloads space and changed the TXMTs so that recolors will be consistent.

This change in TXMTs has taken some of the shine off the original silver and gold textures. I like the reduced shine, however if you want the original shininess, just keep the SDA original meshes for the armchair (fauteuil-master file), coffee table (table basse 1x2) and pouf (fauteuil pouf). My repo meshes and recolors will still work. All files I've changed have new names, but not new GUIDs, so any recolors you have for the original main objects will still work. If you recolor the original pieces without correcting the TXMTs, they will be very shiny!

The complete set and collection file are included in the zip for convenience. All credit goes to Frances from SimsDesignAve for her beautiful meshes and textures!

The armoire is not included in this set; it is by Kate @ Parsimonious (Art Decolicious set) and is part of my ongoing Art Deco project (see my Pinterest board here for other upcoming items). I am using these items to decorate Shastakiss's adorable Art Deco houses shown on the board.

I'm working on this set, so I've temporarily removed it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 01:28:26 PM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD, ElfPuddle, Karlene

Offline Karlene

Re: SDA Art Deco Bedroom (Silver & Gold)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
I'm SO  HAPPY this looks so GREAT !! I've always liked this set but hated the silver and gold! It's just sooo much better NOW !!!! :) :) :) :love :blowkiss :thx :thx :thx

Offline RKetex

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
 :thx

Online amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
I'm glad that you like it! I always found the originals to be much shinier than I really liked. I don't mind the silver-gold so much now, but I think the other textures are much more useful  :)

Offline TassieDevil

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 04:07:24 AM »
Would you be prepared to 'unshine' the rest of this set to match, or provide instructions to do same? :D

Online amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
I think I've "unshined" all the Art Deco pieces SDA made and they should all match and have the same "shininess". If I missed any, I would be happy to do them too, although my simming time these days is much more limited than it used to be as I can only sit at the computer a couple of hours a day, and I have to use most of that for work.

To reduce the shininess of an object, you need to change the TXMT properties in SimPE. I think there's probably a tutorial at MTS on how to do it.

Offline TassieDevil

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »
WCIF? I do hope you have already done at least the lamps and stuff. (Thanks for the prompt reply, by the way.)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal