Author Topic: Versatile Rugs - Maxis Bedding Slaves  (Read 28366 times)

Offline Lisfyre

Re: Versatile Rugs - Maxis Bedding Slaves
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
They're centered on the grid which is great for the 2x2 and 3x3 ... the larger ones hang outside the house because they don't go flush to the walls :)  LOL :)
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

rgdyanne

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 03:13:58 PM »
I'll see if I can tweak the larger ones. The reason they don't "snap" to grid is because to make the larger ones do so you have to have a gazillion OBJD which means a gazillion GUID's and I didn't feel like wasting a gazillion GUID's for these EAxis Bedding Match ones.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »
Anne?  You can make them use one tile for the footprint.  Just clone Echo's doormat.  There really is no need for all those OBJD's, sims just walk over everything anyway.  Yes they *may* go outside the walls then, but I see the offset as a smaller package which would be good.  I would just center the entire rug over that single tile.  Obviously others may thing you actually need the entire object in the grid.  But just look at some of the things from EA, especially the later EP's.  They have started using less tiles for large objects unless they don't want them walked through.  SPecifically couches on a diagonal.  Most switch to a single tile when on the diagonal.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:32:59 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
Aw shucks Anne.... I have no idea what you're talking about :)  But as I said, I can work around that so it's not a biggie.  I just thought I'd give you a heads up on it :) 

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

rgdyanne

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »
Anne?  You can make them use one tile for the footprint.  Just clone Echo's doormat.  There really is no need for all those OBJD's, sims just walk over everything anyway.  Yes they *may* go outside the walls then, but I see the offset as a smaller package which would be good.  I would just center the entire rug over that single tile.  Obviously others may thing you actually need the entire object in the grid.  But just look at some of the things from EA, especially the later EP's.  They have started using less tiles for large objects unless they don't want them walked through.  SPecifically couches on a diagonal.  Most switch to a single tile when on the diagonal.

Already did, well I cloned MY 1x1 tile rug which came from Echo's rug and centered the rugs to that.

you can have a couch on the diagonal??? where have I been?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »
:rofl  Making instead of playing!

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »

you can have a couch on the diagonal??? where have I been?

If you can have a chair on a diagonal, you sure can get a couch on a diagonal... or you talking about something else? :D

rgdyanne

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »
well, other than using cheat codes I didn't know you could put furniture on a diagonal.....so I don't know

Wait, wut? :8

I lost track of the conversation  :wacko

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
well, other than using cheat codes I didn't know you could put furniture on a diagonal.....so I don't know

Wait, wut? :8

I lost track of the conversation  :wacko

:rofl

hmm... well... I don't know how to put furniture on a diagonal without cheats...  :8

Leia

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »

Really like these rugs :OMG

Would it possible to make a 1 x 2 Rug? or make your bathroom rug a Maxis bedding slave? :beg

rgdyanne

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 05:46:33 PM »
That would definitely fall into the realm of possibility  :yes

Offline makabaer

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
These are fantastic!
Absolutely brilliant idea!!

But as I don't want to see those bedding fabrics everywhere - could you pleqase tell me where I get the old version that wasn't slaved?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 01:46:04 AM »

Offline makabaer

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
Thanks a lot, HugeLunatic  :flowers

Offline Karlene

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 11:05:11 PM »
THANK YOU!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal