Author Topic: June Stuff...  (Read 17307 times)

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
June Stuff...
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
I thought I'd let everyone know where I am up to.

Doors:

When I did the Colonial recolours over at Leefish, I also did Colonial Defaults, and a separate glass default that is clear.
The Matte Glass Door default is done - in 5 woods and a pewter, and also has a default clear glass.
The Walnut Door default is done as well. (Non-default recolours at Leefish, to go with the colonial non-default recolours).

All of these also default the matching arch.

Windows:
Colonial Window defaults is done in 5 colours.

Walls - Paints:
Asparagus and Oyster Default and Non-default is completed - with 9 Collections per set, and the completer sets as well - so all 6 woods.
Hafi has packaged the non-defaults of the Burnt Almond, Buttermilk and Cardinal.

All the PNG/Bitmaps have been done for all 21 Colours
So 5/21 or a little over a quarter have been packaged.

Outstanding Actions:

1. What I haven't done is the preview pics for these. And the only reason why they're not up for downloading pleasure is because I'm at a loss to know how to do the previews.

2. I'm putting gates separately to doors (although they're in the same category in SimPE). Because we're not defaulting the fences - I'm doing non-default recolours in our wood colours for the wood stairs and metal recolours for the metal stairs. I'm thinking that the gates should probably be non-default as well and match the recolours of the fences.

3. Shasta is doing the Moroccan Build, so I've officially ignored them. :D

4. The Chiclettina Mauritania door - the woods have been defaulted, but I'm not too sure what we want to do with the stained glass insets. Personally, I'm tempted to leave them as is, and add other non-default stained glass in our default colours (similiar in pattern to the Werknothom Window - that's the window with the rectangular pattern of clear, semi-clear and opaque rectangles of white). But open to suggestions.

5. The Well Wishers Window - Woods have been defaulted - but personally I'd prefer the heart pattern to go, and replace it with a clear glass default, and heart pattern non-default (if possible).

Plan of Action for Kiri:

1. Complete all the Default sets of the Wall paint, preview pics and put them up for Download.
2. Complete the Doors and Window Sets for June, but put them up as they are ready.
3. Start putting up the Fence/Gate sets.

I wouldn't mind finding out how Sarah and Sashta are getting on, and if they need any help as well.

Offline shastakiss

Re: June Stuff...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »
3. Shasta is doing the Moroccan Build, so I've officially ignored them. :D

Oh! This is why communication is good! *adds Moroccan build to list*
I do have all the textures done for buy mode, I lost a little steam when I got so confused about TXMTs and ended up with probably 60 useless packages.
I'm hoping to get my mojo back within the next two weeks on this  :blush

eta: also I'm planning on my previews trying to match Kate's with the grey recolor of the screenshot backdrop thing. I think that might work for your build previews too?
also, Lunie has enabled a clear glass hidden texture for the Mauritania door here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492066
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:33:06 PM by shastakiss »

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:50:01 AM »
Shasta,

Cool! That's one less thing to do. I'll build that file into the default package.

Actually I don't think your 60 packages are useless, you can always re-do the TXMT's - and if you've gotten to the 'throw hands up in the air and cry' confused stage with it, I'm happy to help you out with it.

The problem that I have with the grey backdrop - is how do I use it for a door or window? I've got the whole wall thing in the way. And I'm not convinced that I can match the grey in the wall with the grey in the backdrop.

For wallpaper - I don't think that the whole grey thing will work at all. On the other hand, I'm now humming and hahhing about using the WDS format. Which was putting them in a smaller format, and then overlaying a 100% size square to show off the trim. The thing with the wallpaper is that we have one colour and 14 types x 6 woods + 1 plain.

So 85 wallpapers per colour. Do we use all 85? Or do we pick one, and show all 6 wood trims, and let them guess what the others look like?

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »
I got sucked into the world of meshing, slots and joints. Erm, in other words I've spent more time in Milkshape, 3DSMax and the CRES section in SimPE than actually doing any defaulting. I do have all the stuff extracted, packages made, PSDs done and so on. I just started on another project (crate add on set) and I guess I didn't realize how time consuming it would be. Of course I've been working on numerous CEP packages as well. I have gotten the Art Nouveau chair slaved to the sofa. I've also done some other fixes. I uploaded a few for the monthly theme over at GOS. However, I was holding off on some until I got more done, like that dang persnickity barstool.

I will get the Art Nouveau set done, hopefully by the end of the month. I still have a few things I'm working on for the GOS theme. *sighs* My problem is I have too many projects going and not nearly all of them finished.

*walks away, muttering incoherently about slots and straight jackets*

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 04:16:45 AM »
Sarah

We all have too many projects going on! I think it is a defining feature of people who are in love with Sims creating.

I think for me, it's not a matter of deadlines, as long as people know where I am up to - and I know what's happening with others, I'm happy. :)

Slots are a pain in the neck, I'm guessing.  :))

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 04:26:36 AM »
Oh thanks for kind offer to help! But it's hopefully something I can do now thanks to your tips in the other thread. And I want to learn!

The problem that I have with the grey backdrop - is how do I use it for a door or window?
I thought the doors and windows could just "float" on the grey background? No walls? I took some doors/windows previews just floating in front of trees! As for the actual wallpapers, I like what you've done with the wds wallpaper too! I know whatever you end up doing will be nice :blowkiss

And hafi, you keep mentioning strait jackets, is this a cry for help? tehehe Actually you went from knowing how to recolor to ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE in like 2 months *gasp* I'm so impressed and happy for you and I know learning so much new stuff must be really exciting and challenging. We're lucky in that Kiri and Kate are so understanding about time frames!

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »
How did you do that????  ??? That would be perfect!

Taking preview pics has always been something I suck eggs at.

Do you have a sim on the lot? I generally don't, so have less control over lighting - it's been either outdoor light, or indoor shadows.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 04:53:39 AM »
Deadlines? Do we have deadlines?  :noo

Time frames are just vague guidelines defining what we hope to get done sometime. The only reason to claim something is to avoid duplication of effort, so if one of us decides we need something quickly, just let people know so if it's already done they can post it, and if not it can be done right away by whoever can get to it  :flowers

The grey background is an object- I think it's called a background rug, or backdrop rug, or something. I think I got it at MTS and recolored it in this neutral grey. I'll dig it up for you, Shasta. Using 'move objects on' doors and windows should just sit on it like any other object.

When I have lots of similar items in multitudes of colors, I just do one complete set in one color and post a palette of the other colors available. Maybe that would work for the walls?

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:47:48 AM »
Kate - I agree about deadlines - they're just whooshy things that go past me every so often. :D

I've done a preview pic of 800x512 for the 15 styles of wallpaper-paint, with just the white wood trim.

I'm thinking that may be enough for the wall paint types? And then use this for the wood trims -

Then just have a swatch for each colour?

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
I think that should be great, Kiri!

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 05:58:18 PM »
Oh the wall swatches look great! And tidy! And easy to figure out what you're getting! In other words, YES!

Ha ha Kate, I'm glad you mentioned the grey backdrop is your recolor, are we both talking about mixedup_screenshotbackground.package? I can't find where I got it so if you're using something else, may I have a link to the original as well as your grey recolor? :flowers

Ahh I'm having a slightly bad day but it's so nice in here, what a nice bunch of simmers to default things with :wub

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »
Shasta, it's running joke that I'm insane so, I think for me, straight jackets are just up my alley. :P Oh, I learn things at the speed of light unless it involved numbers then I go look for my blankie and binky. HA!

Kiri, I never thought I'd be much of a creator but once I started I can't seem to stop. There are so many things I want to create add ons for and then I have to kick myself not to do it.

Also, are any of you good at shading? I realize I suck at it. I'm working on a Weeping Angel (the one from doctor who but I couldn't find anything to draw a decent texture from. I tried using the UVMaps but as I have it slaved it doesn't really look that great on the second one. I can trace like a pro but free hand drawing I suck at. I make a mean stick figure and that's about it. Just wondering, I could always ask at GOS.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
I'm sorry to hear the your day is even slightly bad, Shasta! I am referring to the same object, except I replaced the mesh texture with the grey as that's just about the only color I ever use. I've attached it for you.

Sarah, I wish I learned things so easily- but then I'd probably be even more inclined to have hundreds of things half done than I am now! I'm so easily distracted by the next shiny thing to come along! I don't know if I could help with shading; do you have a pic showing what you want done?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:27:33 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
Kate, I have basically nothing but a stone material slapped over it. I got so frustrated that I deleted all my previous works. I think I may have found a solution, though. *knocks on wood that it works.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »
We need a squirrel badge for all the shiny we get distracted by.  :))

OK, new thing on my list - completing the holy simoly siding set. I'm also going to re-attempt a template. Pray for me. o.O

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal