Author Topic: Hello All!  (Read 5553 times)

Offline StephSim

Hello All!
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:05:27 AM »
I've been an occassional visitor in search of the meshes for recolours I've seen! Must know the source for things included in the lots I share.

Typically, I post lots on MTS, but I think I need a break from the submission via approval method. So, I'm going into full "medieval" mode for a while to finish Gwrych and post at Plumbob Keep.

Just wanted to say hi since I so often lurk and occassionally download! I just wanted to say there are quite a few really unique creations here and some really awesome recolors. Since I enjoy well made objects, I'm sure I'll be back from time to time.

So hello to Staff and other members! Thank you for your many contributions to the Sim community!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:08:36 AM by StephSim »

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Hello All!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:08:03 AM »
 :welcome2
It's wonderful to see you here! I use your Simtopia lots in most of my neighborhoods (redecorated to go with the neighborhood "look") and they are really great!

Offline StephSim

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:59:33 AM »
 :thx - Hi amythestfenix!

Yeah...I'm betting that I have more than a few dozen of your objects lingering in my download archives!

Oh..Simtopia...Poor project! I was so excited to begin it! However, it has been postponed until the Medieval Madness is complete and by the interferring inconveniences of real life! :) One thing at  a time though. Luckily, Sims 2 is not dead just yet (as I'd revive it just to complete my projects!  :))

Yesterday...I spent literally hours trying to find a pair of shutters to cover an opened window or at least make it look as though the window was covered. Luckily, my search lead me here to Sesame's recolours of HL's Independent Expressions shutters! Once I hunt for something...then me and that object become familiar friends! So thanks for another "absolutely perfect" creation!

Well...T'is time to call it a night on Sim Planet and rejoin RL.

~*~stephanie~*~

Oh!...After looking around I was wondering...Do you guys have a submission section here for Walls and Floors Sets by non-staff members? I can't seem to find one!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:08:45 AM by StephSim »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »
We have a member upload section. http://sims2artists.com/index.php?board=225.0  I added a walls/floors section. 

Also.  Hello and welcome.  :D

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
Hello and welcome :realbighug:

Offline StephSim

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »
Hi Huge Lunatic and hokadk47 !

Thank you both for the welcome!   tehehe

HL,

I think the last time I spoke to you it was about your Roman Shades! :blush

Oh...Thanks for the link HL. :) I have several sets of walls with a few sets of complimentary floors (up to 18) to share over time! While I've been creating textures since Sims 1, I haven't been sharing them.  After working on a complete set (mainly for the Simtopia project, but also a few requests) I thought the Sims 2 community might find some use for them. But, I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to upload them on MTS, after already spending so many months in creation. Starting a website just for the collection seemed a bit much. When I was browsing yesterday, it dawned on me that Sims2Artists would make a great home for them.

The collection has a variety of styles and colours, but is a Basic Starter Collection with plain textures, white wood borders, brown wood borders, wainscotting, panels, vintage, (and my favorite) backsplash, marbles, etc. While not perfect, they are seamless. They have also been tested in game for colour issues and shared with a few people for input. The collection was designed so that the various sets compliment one another.

Slideshow:
Basic Wall Superset Slideshow

I do hope this is alright?  ??? Let me know. I won't post without your input.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:10:24 AM by StephSim »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »
Slideshow looks great!  Upload whenever your ready.  :)

And I will pop these into my site advertising thread at MTS once uploaded.  :))

Offline StephSim

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:20:26 AM »
Thanks HL!  :love

Quote from: HugeLunatic
And I will pop these into my site advertising thread at MTS once uploaded.

:))  Oh...That would be just "fine" by me! Thanks! I will begin tomorrow. Gotta do RL stuff for a while tonight. Then upload Medieval lots before bed!

P.S. - Just read the posting rules and am glad to say these will be the "shortest" post descriptions I ever wrote!  :rofl

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:11:21 AM by StephSim »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
What an amazing collection of walls and floors! They look really good and the amount of effort you went through to do these preview pics is overwhelming  :perfect10  :perfect10 :perfect10

Offline StephSim

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:12 AM »
Thank you amythestfenix. It was indeed a great deal of work! I often question my sanity when I think about it! :)

I appreciate the positive energy. Well...it's to bed for me. Chat everyone later!

Offline Nonni

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 03:03:33 AM »
Hiya! Stephanie.  :love
So glad to see you here.
This place is a treasure chest and now you are adding to its jewels.
 :thx
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
~ Sir Isaac Newton

Offline StephSim

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »
Hiya Dearest Nonni!    :hug

S2A is definitely a most wonderful place, full of not only great treasures, but great people as well!
Thank you for the welcome and I "know" I will see you around the Sim community!  :))

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal