Author Topic: Temperate zone wildflowers  (Read 25590 times)

Offline Gwenke

Temperate zone wildflowers
« on: September 18, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »

Here are some wildflowers for your meadows, forests, parks and roadsides. They are intended to add a little life to Sims, where most things do not change. They look different in the various seasons - anemones, for example, flower in the spring and are hardly noticeable by fall, while pinks have mostly buds in spring and will bloom in summer and autumn.

The ZIP contains
Flowers (Build/plants/flowers, for 7 simoleons):
1. Maiden pinks: a "clump" version and a scattered version, the latter slaved to the former, plus two recolours.
2. Cornflowers: a "clump" version and a scattered version, the latter slaved to the former, plus four recolours.
3. Anemones: mesh plus four recolours.
Shrubs (Build/plants/shrubs, for 14 simoleons):
4. Verbascum (mullein) plant based on Macarossi's mesh and textures, plus four recolours.
5. Foxglove plant based on a mesh and textures by Kate at Parsimonious, plus four recolours.

Download

These plants do not require either pruning or watering. Also, being wild plants, they are intentionally smaller and less showy. The 3+2 flowers allow object and sim intersection, meaning that they can be placed on the same square with other objects, and sims will walk through them. They are also height-adjustable with AL.

Obviously, the changing function only works if Seasons is installed. The plants can also be used without Seasons, though: in that case only the summer state will appear.  

Credits:
I am grateful to Bienchen for the original template;
To Kate for the permission to use her mesh;
To Macarossi for his/her lenient policy regarding the use of their meshes;
To MogHughson for the tutorial on custom thumbnail cameras used in some of the objects.

If you would like to recolour these or any other seasons-compatible plant, please see my notes here.

Recolours:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:21:11 PM by Gwenke »

The following users thanked this post: MissReval, LadySilverwolf, barbiepinklady, croi

Offline hokadk47

Re: Temperate zone wildflowers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
Thank you - they are lovely :love

Offline RKetex

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
 :perfect10 I love wild flowers!  :thx

Offline Mapat

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
Yay!! Living in a country with at least 4 seasons (lol), this realy make Sims life more credible. Thank you !! :flowers
Keep them coming  :thumbup

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »
Fabulous! I just love all these new Seasons plants!

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »
What?!? I had no idea this was even possible - that is really cool! I love the colors of not just the flowers but the leaves too, so pretty! Thanks for figuring out how to do such lovely and realistic stuff :wub

Sunni

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
These are just amazing and beautiful. I've loved all the new trees, but this is terrific. I never usually bother with flowers, but now I will. Thank you!

Offline juicyjudith

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »
Thankyou, they are all so pretty, big hugs judith.

mitiontia

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
Thanks.......... :love

Offline Kim

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
Beautiful! Thankyou  :wub

Alma70

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »
Just gorgeous, thank you! :flowers

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »
Wow, thank you all for the nice comments. They surely inspire me to make more :)

socks

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »
I love these flowers soooo much, but I'm having some problems with them, i mainly use the maiden pink flowers, and place them in bundles across the lot, then when i go into neighbourhood view they look really odd! The texture drags across the lot in slurrs like spiderwebs and show up as large white splotches. :( Is there any way you could fix this? That would be lovely please :)

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
I am sorry that you have trouble in 'hood view. Unfortunately, I cannot see the same problem - in my game, the flowers show up just fine in 'hood view as well (well, only if I zoom in on them, as they are so small). So, I'm at a loss as to what I could do to help.
Do you have any of my trees, and if you do, do you experience the same problem? (They are made from the same template, which uses the main mesh and textures for 'hood view.) Maybe try changing the graphics settings - details and such, that might help.

socks

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
I have all my settings set to high. I asked my friend to test this on her computer and she has the same problem :( But it seems to only happen when you pile up a couple of flowers sharing the same floor tile, I place then with moveobjectson/snapobjectstogrid false. I tried piling up a few trees and the same thing happend as with the flowers, but if you let them stand alone they're fine.

I wish i could help with this but I really have no idea about this stuff, haha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal