Community & Social > Requests Done

Kotij window by Wil-Redfern

(1/3) > >>

Lightheart:
For many (!) years I’ve loved this window that Wil-Redfern posted at MTS, and it’s still there. It sells for $1 — and is quite good-looking. My poverty-stricken Simmies love lots of light in their little starting shelters.

But he never made any recolors, and I would LOVE to have the window in the basic game wood colors.

SimPE is not available for my Mac, so there’s no hope that I can do it myself. I can’t even make walls anymore because Aspyr didn’t see fit to give us Homecrafter. The newer Mac Super Collection includes the EPs through Bon Voyage. I will always miss the Ikea SP I had on my long-dead PC. Base game compatibiltiy is really all I need.

Right now the window is on page 29 of the doors and windows at MTS:
    Downloads >Sims 2 >Compatible >Build Mode >Doors & Windows

I have the file itself in both its zipped and unzipped package, in case the old original should disappear in the meantime.

Thank you in advance for even considering my request! :flowers

xxxooo, Lightheart, aka Betsy :)

shastakiss:
Hello! I looked at the window and it's not really mapped to work well with wood textures. I tried repositorying it to the bg Double Hung window but it's not mapped to work well with that either. :/
I could do some solid "floodfill" recolors in shades similar to maxis woods or we could ask someone who knows how to mesh and map if they would edit this window for you.
 ;)

Lightheart:
My word, but you are quick — and very good at explaining the problem in terms that I can understand! Kate (Amythestfenix) will vouch for the fact that I’ve never done much with meshes, and know squat about making one.

I see the problem with that little window. It would have been very handy if slaving it to the double-hung window worked well, but the mapping is not very nice. Here’s an in-game test picture of the slaved version you sent:

If I understand you correctly, the other version, simply recolorable, would result in flat color without wood graining. That would be fine with me — I can pretend the window has flat aluminum siding!

In the event that you would be willing to add some other colors, I wouldn't need many. Maybe a medium brown like the one that comes with the Maxis Independent Expressions, and a black one.

In any event, I am eternally grateful for your help! I’ve long admired your work and am in total awe of the talent that you, Lunie, Kate, and others here at Sims2Artists and at MTS share every day!

:thx so very much!

—Lightheart, aka Betsy

HugeLunatic:
Oh botofuckit...already dropped those images as well.

Anyway.  I took the slaved version shasta did and redid the meshes for you. :)

http://simfil.es/270309

shastakiss:
Hee you'll never believe it but I was hoping you'd fix it, Lunie! And you also improved Wil's mullion - yay! Thank you and oof here's a preview

Also thank you for the kind words, Lightheart  :wub

PS yetilamp's eyes follow you if slide your chair to the left or right so :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version