Author Topic: Project Discussion  (Read 34113 times)

Offline shastakiss

Re: Project Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 04:09:10 PM »
Ooh! I'm getting ready to start (finally!) on some of the Moroccan pieces and wanted to see if my approach will coordinate with your ideas.

I'll be colorify-ing everything using Kiri's hex codes for colors, and for woods I'll need some hex codes too. I can get them using the eye-dropper tool on the wood swatches which I'll be happy to share if any one decides to colorify some wood too, so we can be consistent. Or if Kiri wants to provide hex codes for the woods I'll use those. I'm very keen on our pieces being consistent!

Now I'll also be changing TXMT settings to match the Jonesi blanket if it's a color and Buggybooz' basic kitchen counter if it's a wood, right? Is there a specific TXMT we'd like to use for metals or should I just use the blanket?

Please let me know if this is correct... I'll use the sofa/loveseat as an example, it has 4 cushions and three frames. Here's what I think is supposed to happen:
cushion defaults: twilight blue, burnt almond, asparagus, ink wash
frame defaults: AL medium, white, AL dark
cushion recolors: toffee, cardinal
frame recolors: black, AL light, cherry
add'l cushion recolors: twilight blue, burnt almond, asparagus, ink wash
add'l frame recolors: AL medium, white, AL dark

The armoire is a good example of what I mean by colorified. I hope the tone-on-tone will coordinate well with pieces that actually have the textures replaced like Kate is doing but also have a little exotic flavor like Moroccan pieces should have?

Actually some of the lighting in that set looks pretty close to the antique tin  ;)

Speaking of lighting, would anyone be interested in lampshades and lamp glass priorities being white (snow or cream), off-white (I like wheat), dark grey/black (ink or inkwash), and 3 other colors someone else could choose? Or should we stick with twilight, burnt almond, asparagus... ? I keep stressing consistency but I really only use white, off-white and black lampshades. Well, leopard print too, ha!

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 02:35:15 AM »
Shasta. I'm not sure what's going on with Kate - I think real-life is consuming her at the moment. So I'll answer your questions and I'm sure that Kate will be OK with my choices. :D

The blanket won't be good for the metals, because it doesn't have the same texture quality - it will dull it down. What I would suggest is to pick an EA metallic thing - and then list up the TXMT here, then we'll all use it.

Tone-on-tone is perfect - I love it.

I haven't done the woods in hexes yet, so if you want to do them, feel free.

For the lighting - white, off-white, black sounds great as the first three, then go for twilight, burnt almond, asparagus as the last 3. That way we get the most useful ones, and we have some consistency.

I think we can skip the leopard print on the lighting...  :P tehehe

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
Psychic friend! I was just working on this yesterday, thank you for the help  :)
Lampshades and lamp glass, how about:
1. Kate's snow 2. toffee 3. inkwash 4. twilight 5. asparagus 6. burnt almond

and for metals my pewter and Kate's pewter are too similar so how about:
1. Kate's pewter 2. old brass 3. cast iron 4. rust 5. verdigris 6. ?

As far as hex codes for the woods, I might not have any. I'll probably "colorize" instead of "colorify." I "eyeball" colors a lot o.O And the "colorize" numbers will be different almost every time, but it'll still be (hopefully) consistent.

Thanks again for the response!

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 12:10:07 AM »
Hi, I've been following this project and I think it's coming along nicely. If you need a extra hand for anything just let me know. I love fiddling and poking stuff I probably shouldn't poke. I also know how much of a project this can be. Don't get me wrong I love my defaults but I'd also love to have those TXMT files. I've poked at some and fiddled with them myself but I've never looked at another packages file for it. Maybe I should go do that.

It's so great to see people working together on a project like this. :)

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 03:19:54 AM »
Shasta,

That sounds fabulous. I think the lampshades and glass , and metal choices are fine.

To be honest, what I tend to do, is use the base wood and then use a shading and/or overlay texture to give the different colours. (I expect similiar to your tone-on-tone wallpapers). If you use the colourify or colourize or standing on your head and pixel-by-pixelling it, I don't think it matters as long as they standardise across the range. Moroccan furniture and build is fairly unique and as long as they all match, we're good. :D

Hafiseazale -

I've looked at your defaults and downloaded them, thought they were lovely - I don't see why our defaults can't mix and match. :) I'm doing all my defaults as non-defaults as well so it makes them way more mixable and matchable too.

Although I have as yet to post any of them up. I have posted up the non-default set of some build over at Leefish, since Lee was very kind and made me a new door and window for my orphanage. ( Leefish LaFenetre add-ons with Kiri recolours)

I'm not sure where Kate is up to, so it's a little difficult to know what I can assign you that won't be doubling up with her work.

I could give you some of the wallpaper paint bitmaps to do - but those are just the non-defaults. There are about 1700+ of them, and I'm about 2/21 making up the defaults. This is, however very, VERY tedious work and probably not what you'd like to do.

Do you have a particular Base game set that you like? It looks like Value and Club are pretty much done, and Morrocan is for Shasta. How do you feel about doing Art Nouveau collection? That one doesn't look to have been touched.

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 03:38:31 AM »
I do tedious everyday, it's called repository, so I really don't have a problem with doing wallpapers. I can also do the Art Nouveau collection, just tell me what I'll need and I'll tackle the bad boys.  :)

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »
If you use the colourify or colourize or standing on your head and pixel-by-pixelling it,

Ha ha HOW DID YOU KNOW.
and leefish made you windows and doors? Thank you so much for the link!

Hafise, it's lovely lovely lovely to see you here :wub and fantastic to hear you're helping  :flowers

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
Hafizeale - if you give me your email, I will send you a colour batches' worth and the bits and bobs you need to know for the creating of. Then as you complete them, send them back and I'll send you the next batch. Alternatively I can send 2 or 3 colour batches worth at a time - up to you.

There are 295 walls in each colour batch, and 9 collections to create for each colour batch. It takes me about an hour and a little bit for each set.

I should warn you - I do rename all the walls, so none of them have the silly number/character name. I do have a process for that that's fairly simple, but if you have your own method of renaming, that works too.

I'll also send you the ones I've already done. So you can play with them and see how they go.

Offline thechangeling

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
WANT.

Shasta, that is freaking lovely! I can hardly wait for these!

This is an amazing project! Nice work, everyone!

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
Kiri, my email is [email protected]. You may send as many batches as you like. I have a renamer program but I also do a lot of my work in SimPE so it's easy to rename walls that way as well.

Shasta, I love to help. I think more so because I know just how much work goes into a project like this. It can be a bit overwhelming doing it all by yourself so the more hands in the pot helping so to speak, makes it easier. The Morrocan set is looking fantastic by the way.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
(What should I call you?)

Hafiseazale - I have sent you an email with the asparagus set in it for you to play with.

The second email is still loading up.

It has 3 colour batches - Yahoo has a limit of 25Mb and 3 is 22Mb.

I've also included a couple of text files for description, name layout, price.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry to have been away- real life is overwhelming right now and I'm not getting anything done! It's probably going to stay hectic until school ends in June. Family and work are both claiming all my time. I'm so happy you all are continuing with this project. I've basicalliy got some more base game seating and surfaces, plus loft curtains to post and I'll try to get them up soon.

Kiri, I agree with everything you've said!

Shasta, the Moroccan set looks awesome and I am happy with your color choices (leopard can be a non-default option  :) )

Hafiseazale, Wow! I'm so thrilled to see you here! Thanks so much for wanting to join in!

I hope to be back working with all off you soon  :hug

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »
Kiri, most people call me Hafi but you can feel free to call me Sarah. It doesn't really matter to me. I've gotten the first mail, for some odd reason hotmail sent it to the junk bin.  o.O

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
Oops! I should've been clearer, sorry! That pic is of an older set of recolors I did, I was just using it to show the tone-on-tone thing. I'm actually not going rogue and doing defaults in twig  :))
Kate, you've already done so much, please don't worry about being a little absent for a while. Real life happens! Hope things calm down for you soon.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 02:20:23 AM »
No worries Kate - you take all the time you need - you've already done a huge amount, so it's only fair that you get to spend some time on real life. :hug :hug
I'm happy to hold the fort to keep things moving. I'm going to be posting up some default doors once I've done the pictures. :)

Sarah - it was probably because of the links - for some reason hotmail doesn't think real people send links! :D The second email hasn't been sent yet - it took yahoo/my internet about an hour to load, and I went to bed in the meantime. I'll send it off today.

Shasta - It's an awesome set. I really do need to download your blog. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal