Author Topic: My Cabin Project  (Read 6414 times)

Offline amythestfenix

My Cabin Project
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
I originally posted this at N99 for their cabin theme, and I thought that some of you might like to see it too. The theme came up just as I was building the DeBateau family cabin in Three Lakes- inspired by that Blue Christmas stuff, so I decided I would go ahead and take the pics to post. I am not an enthusiastic sim photographer :) I think it's interesting that the cabin looks brown- everything is BV mountain gray!

In my Uberhood, Armand and Tara have relocated to Pleasantview after his divorce from Jessica and he has opened a new branch of DeBateau Shipping in one of the buildings in the business district. Tara now attends Crumplebottom Academy, where she met Alex Goth (now a teen). They hit it off immediately and when she invited him over, he brought Cassandra. It was love at first sight for Armand (they have 3 bolts). This album of pics is taken during the early autumn vacation they all take to Three Lakes, where Armand proposes. Tara and Alex are now going steady, but who knows whether their youthful romance will prove to be the real thing?

SLIDESHOW

Offline ElfPuddle

Re: My Cabin Project
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
 :likeit Thank you for sharing these! Your cabin looks so nice and cozy!

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:01:09 PM »
What a wonderful cabin you have made.  :love

Offline altanna

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:18 PM »
I love this cabin -- is it available for download? :-)

Deb :thx :realbighug:

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
No, I'm afraid not. It's so awful to have to clean up lots full of CC and make sure everything gets credited, etc. just make that way too much effort for lazy peoples like me  o.O

But recreating it would be possible, since I started with the base game Craftsman and just redid the porch and the interior floor plan. I think I had to do a couple more walls to match the BV cabin ones and I'll be posting my gray Mountain Build recolors sometime soon... But if you want to know where to get anything you see, just ask.

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:27:00 AM »
Aww! What I like most about your cabin is that I know now you actually get a chance to play! I thought maybe you were so busy creating cool cc and finding cool textures and decorating for cool pics to go with your uploads that you just didn't get to see your sims smustle enough... So hooray for playtime :)

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
I'm a Maxis-makeover player. I like to take the Maxis hoods (Uberhood version so they can all crossover) and redo them, retelling their stories in my own way. I hate to take pics and I fail at blogging, so it's really all for my own amusement. Currently, I'm closing up Strangetown as Area 47 (the not-so-secret government research facility headed by General Buzz Grunt) that employs most of the Sims there is shutting down. Buzz and company are being reassigned to the new base in Pleasantview to work closely with the team at Goth Labs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal