Author Topic: (concluded) TS2 - ItWillLastLonger (Jane_SimplePhoto Frame)  (Read 3287 times)

Offline FannySims

I really like this set, the master mesh makes it a lot easier but I really want the photo frames that are on the surface to be recolored separately from the master mesh.
I want to recolor only the paintings on the table and not the ones on the wall.
Is it possible to do that?
Would anyone be available to do so?

Thankful!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:44:01 PM by FannySims »

The following users thanked this post: LilSister

Offline amythestfenix

Re: TS2 - ItWillLastLonger (Jane_SimplePhoto Frame)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 11:07:55 PM »
Yes, they could be set up so that the table frames were slaved separately so they were a group and the wall photos were a group. Is that what you would like? If you do that, you would need to recolor both masters if you wanted the same pic on both the wall and table ones.

The following users thanked this post: FannySims

Offline FannySims

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 11:31:02 PM »
Yes I would like that.
It will be great to be able to recolor the surface and wall frames separately.
And, as you said, if you decide to recolor both types, you'll need to use the two mesh master for each.
That possibility seems so incredible.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 02:49:06 AM »
Okay, I will try to do this. The surface frames will get new masters and will no longer be slaved to the old ones. I'm not going to do the recolors unless you really want them. I will give the surface masters different textures so they look different in the catalog and new file names- the surface slaves will have the same old GUIDs, so they can't be used with the old set unless that is a problem for you. It will probably take a couple of days.

The following users thanked this post: LilSister, FannySims

Offline FannySims

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 12:12:06 PM »
I thank you for being willing to try.
And there is no need to make new recolors, just making this change is incredible.
And it's okay, it's no problem not being able to use it with the old set.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »
Here it is- please let me know if you find anything wrong with it!

DL

Offline FannySims

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »
aaaaah what happiness.  :)  :))  :thumbup  :love
thank you.
Thank you very much for making this change.
I'm busy at the moment, but as soon as I test it in the game, I'll let you know.
Oh unless someone tests you before.

Edit : I tested the content, and happily come to inform you that it works correctly well.
Thanks again
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:54:28 PM by FannySims »

Offline FannySims

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »
Okay, I will try to do this. The surface frames will get new masters and will no longer be slaved to the old ones. I'm not going to do the recolors unless you really want them. I will give the surface masters different textures so they look different in the catalog and new file names- the surface slaves will have the same old GUIDs, so they can't be used with the old set unless that is a problem for you. It will probably take a couple of days.

Forgive me, previously you mentioned that  would not do new recolours and I had said that I would not need to, I tried to do new recolours but unfortunately I do not know what is happening, that some appear but the others appear in blue, which I do not understand because I have the main meshes and the frame mesh.
Can you please make new recolours for the frame?
Not decoration image but colors for the frames of the paintings.
I'm having a problem with my recolours that aren't showing up in the game, even if I redo them, they don't show up.
I already updated the CEP.
Thanks

Offline FannySims

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:03 PM »
I can't understand what's wrong.
I made some colors, but blue appears on the front of the frame as shown in the image below.
It is observed that on the sides the recolours appear correctly.
Can anyone help me solve it?

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: (concluded) TS2 - ItWillLastLonger (Jane_SimplePhoto Frame)
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 01:31:09 PM »
I did test recolors with both new main files, and both worked properly in game for me.  Maybe you have retextured the wrong part of the image?  The picture image goes in the bottom large square portion.  The top smaller part is the pictures back canvas.

The objects have two subsets, photo and frame.  That blue part is a slave subset of the frame and the resources will automatically pull into the recolor package if you recolor the frame.  Do not delete resources unless you really know how they are linked. 

The only issue I see with the new main/repo files from kate is that in the catalog there are a couple that have blue for the matte, but the textures are fine when placed.

Offline FannySims

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 03:45:38 PM »
I did test recolors with both new main files, and both worked properly in game for me.  Maybe you have retextured the wrong part of the image?  The picture image goes in the bottom large square portion.  The top smaller part is the pictures back canvas.

The objects have two subsets, photo and frame.  That blue part is a slave subset of the frame and the resources will automatically pull into the recolor package if you recolor the frame.  Do not delete resources unless you really know how they are linked. 

The only issue I see with the new main/repo files from kate is that in the catalog there are a couple that have blue for the matte, but the textures are fine when placed.

I recolored as shown in the images below.

I do not delete any files in the folder made available by Kate.
To recolor the frame, I used the AmF_JaneSimplePhotoSurfaceH_FrameWhiteWhite mesh to recolor the frames.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 05:00:37 PM »
I just saw this-

Fanny, the problem is that you are recoloring a recolor- not the mesh, even though it looks like one. I'm sorry that I did not label the files well enough. The mesh is Jane_SimplePhotoH_MAIN1-R. Every frame (and Horizontal painting recolors) are repositoried to that main mesh just like in Jane's original set. All Vertical paintings - just the painting part -  use the mesh Jane_SimplePhotoV_MAIN2Repo1-R, but their frames all take their texture from Jane_SimplePhotoH_MAIN1-R.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:08:41 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline FannySims

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 05:47:12 PM »
I just saw this-

Fanny, the problem is that you are recoloring a recolor- not the mesh, even though it looks like one. I'm sorry that I did not label the files well enough. The mesh is Jane_SimplePhotoH_MAIN1-R. Every frame (and Horizontal painting recolors) are repositoried to that main mesh just like in Jane's original set. All Vertical paintings - just the painting part -  use the mesh Jane_SimplePhotoV_MAIN2Repo1-R, but their frames all take their texture from Jane_SimplePhotoH_MAIN1-R.

I finally managed to understand.
I feel such relief.
Thank you for explaining to me.  :love

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal