Author Topic: s2 - base game art nouveau table lamp  (Read 4813 times)

Offline shastakiss

s2 - base game art nouveau table lamp
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:05:41 AM »
Lunie, I'm sorry to bother you with another request but this is way over my head! This looks like one of those zCEP-EXTRA fixes you're good at?

It looks like the 'Inner Light' table lamp was supposed to be recolorable. Right now only recolors for the glass shade show up, and the metal base is always bronze. I tried cloning it but got lost following your and IgnorantBliss' tutorials about adding subsets :/

I'd be perfectly happy with a clone or a default replacement, just something that allows metal base recolors to show. If you never use this lamp then please ignore this request. But if you like the lamp and it seems fairly easy could you please look at it? Thank you for considering it!

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: s2 - base game art nouveau table lamp
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »
I'll take a look at it, give me a few days.  :)

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Okay, so color me confused.  This lamp appears to come with 3 shade colors and 4 base colors already from Maxis.  The CEP documentation also lists the subsets as recolorable by Maxis.

Note that I've tested this in a base game AGS and using SimPE set to only base game files.  Do you suppose something changed in a later EP?  Or are we not looking at the same light?

EDIT:  Yep, when checking in my full game the light recolors are broken.  EA is soooo stupid.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:05:42 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
Shortest time evar in the queue at MTS.  Submitted, took shower, came to it being approved! rofl

http://www.modthesims.info/d/488412
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:01:10 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
That was a remarkably quick EVERYTHING. "Give me a few days" is like 6 hours in Lunie time?!?

I have all these FEELINGS! Stop making me love you!

Oh yeah I also want to say thank you :wub

kangals

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
Thanks Lunie! You know I always had a sneaking suspision that this lamp had been more versatile when I first started playing Sims2 but put it down to my usual senile dementia/alzheimers problem!  :thx

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal