Author Topic: Single bed version of this Exotic Elements bed  (Read 16830 times)

Offline BlueSoup

Single bed version of this Exotic Elements bed
« on: November 23, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »
Hey all!  This is one of my beloved beds in Sims 2, and I was wondering 2 things:

a: can someone please make this into a single bed?

and b: can someone make some maxis-matchy recolours of this?  I really like the wood textures from AL for the Smitty windows/doors (not sure if it'd look good???) or some of the K&B wood textures (like the bathroom counter).

The file is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2mmmztjzem/ExoticElements_WhiteBedroom.zip

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
  • s2a Groupies
Re: Single bed version of this Exotic Elements bed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
How do you feel about the textures we're using in the default project? I have them and can do those.

They are Black, White, AL Light, Medium, Dark and  Cherry.
http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4184.0

I'm not able to make it into a single bed - I'm not a mesher. But if someone makes it and repo's it the double bed, I can do the recolours for the double and they'll work on the single.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »
If you're willing to wait a day or two, I'll do the single bed. That's a very pretty bed and I wouldn't mind having it myself. (I'd do it right now but my game just finished loading and I want to build!!)

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Oh I don't mind waiting at all!  I was worried no one would even reply!  As for your textures, celebkiridhel, I'd have to look. I just downloaded some yesterday but I've spent the last two days of Simming going through the catalog writing down stuff I want to hide, so I haven't had time to load my downloads folder yet!

Offline celebkiriedhel

• s2a Groupies
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
No worries. Let me know when you've looked.

I have other downloads at:
Leefish
Simthing Blog
Simthing for Everyone

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
Hey, I checked your textures, and they're great!  I would love you to use them for the recolours, that would be lovely. Thank you both so much!

Offline celebkiriedhel

• s2a Groupies
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
Because I can't leave well enough alone - I ended up doing the 6 recolours I promised, and another 5 coloured wood colours that I seem to be addicted to at the moment.

Download EE Bed Recolours (all 11)

The missing preview is a coloured wood called Twilight.

Textures credit to Amythestfenix and Michelle.

I'll do the end table tomorrow sometime.

Also - do you want the template for this? And if so, what paint program do you use? (Shasta, you want it for Gimp?)

Offline SandyS

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 12:25:30 AM »
Bluesoup, thanks for the link and the request!  :thumbup  Kiri, your recolors are just so pretty!  :love

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
Ha ha thank you for the offer Kiri! I actually don't use many custom beds but if I do use this one, your recolors will definitely keep me happy and spoiled for choice :love

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »
Bluesoup, thanks for the link and the request!  :thumbup  Kiri, your recolors are just so pretty!  :love

Are you the creator?  I love this bed!  Thank you for making it in the first place!

Kiri, thank you so much!  I'm finally done my hiding-fugly-Maxis project so I'm gonna check these out right now!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:30:47 AM by BlueSoup »

Offline celebkiriedhel

• s2a Groupies
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 02:39:13 AM »
actually, I think Sandy was saying thankyou to you for making the request, and providing the link to Heidi's bed. I don't think Sandy is Heidi.

Bluesoup - no worries, let me know if there are any other colours/woods you want. Now I have a template it's fairly easy to provide 100's of recolours. :D

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 06:35:31 AM »
actually, I think Sandy was saying thankyou to you for making the request, and providing the link to Heidi's bed. I don't think Sandy is Heidi.

Bluesoup - no worries, let me know if there are any other colours/woods you want. Now I have a template it's fairly easy to provide 100's of recolours. :D

Oh. Heh.  Whoops.

I think I'm personally good with these colours. I tend to use the basics most of the time anyway. Thank you so much :)

Offline SandyS

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:02:59 AM »
 :D  Kiri's right :)  Would be nice if I was a creator, but my heyday ended with Sims 1 ...lol

Looking forward to the end table  tehehe
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:04:17 AM by SandyS »

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »
Sorry for the delay with the single version. I forgot Thanksgiving was just a few days away (at the time and there were things to do!) and then there was the resulting turkey coma, lol. Anyway- part of the bed was refusing to play nicely with the mapping (just trying to scale that part cuz I like the scaling to stay the same!) and while trying to tackle that today, I noticed a mistake I made while resizing the whole bed. So I'm starting it over and hope to get it done today or tomorrow.

P.S. LOVE the recolors, Kiri!

Offline BlueSoup

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 09:06:59 PM »
Oh, no worry at all, I'm so thrilled you're tackling it at all..then I'll wait a bit to ask you for another of Heidi's beds lol (kidding. Maybe. If you say no.)  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal