Author Topic: Weeds  (Read 5522 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Weeds
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »
Because sometimes you need more.  This contains an OBJD so place in game files (bins/overrides) so it does not give * in game; and an Init BHAV which enables player to delete.

DOWNLOAD

And this default by vegan-kaktus is a must!  This image was taken before I stuck the default in my downloads folder.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 01:05:37 AM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: amythestfenix, shastakiss, CatherineTCJD, LadySilverwolf, croi

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Weeds
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »
These will actually be quite useful!  :thx

Offline ScaryRob

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
So this is CC that doesn't show up as CC? I don't understand.
Someone used this in this great Lot, which I've downloaded and installed, so I'm curious.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:36:43 PM »
It's not cc, it's the weed that grow in game.  I just enabled them to show in the catalog. Since this items exists in game, they show up for you on that lot without you needing to add this to your game.  However without this mod, you cannot place more.  I *think* the eyedropper also doesn't work, but I've not tested that.

It's a "buyable" game item, so it alters the OBJD resource.  This means that you would want to place this in program files, I place all mine in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, so that the icon in the catalog won't show the cc star and enable you to accidentally delete it.

The following users thanked this post: ScaryRob

Offline ScaryRob

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:54:46 PM »
It's not cc, it's the weed that grow in game.  I just enabled them to show in the catalog. Since this items exists in game, they show up for you on that lot without you needing to add this to your game.  However without this mod, you cannot place more.  I *think* the eyedropper also doesn't work, but I've not tested that.

It's a "buyable" game item, so it alters the OBJD resource.  This means that you would want to place this in program files, I place all mine in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins, so that the icon in the catalog won't show the cc star and enable you to accidentally delete it.

I knew it was the weed that can grow in the game.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, now I understand - pretty much, anyway.
Yeah, I don't think the eyedropper works, but I also noticed that I couldn't simply delete the weeds either, like with a sledgehammer. I had to bring a Sim onto the Lot and pick the weeds in the typical manner. I guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

So, if I have an item like this in my game and include it in a Lot, it will be there for a person that downloads and installs the Lot, but it won't actually be in their game permanently, correct?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm trying to understand how these things work.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 05:51:05 PM »
Questions are great!  My descriptions tend to be more technical and maybe less helpful?  I definitely need to work on that!

Yes, if you add this to your game it will be in your game catalog and will be on a lot and visible for any downloaders.   As you noticed you are unable to delete them, because that is how it was intended.  If you put my mod in you will be able to delete them.  I've added (init bhav as stated above) code that allows the player to delete.  This is something I do for anything I make buyable, aka enabled in the catalog.

The following users thanked this post: ScaryRob

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal