Author Topic: Mix-n-Match Canvas Art & Frames  (Read 19172 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Mix-n-Match Canvas Art & Frames
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
When I started this project nearly a month ago I did not realize how large it really was or would become.  If I had I probably wouldn't have done it.  =)  This is a mix-n-match artwork mesh set that includes 24 canvas meshes, 24 simple frames, and 24 traditional frames. All using the repository technique with just 5 texture files for the art and 1 texture file for each of the frame sets.  There are UVMaps included for anyone who would like to recolor.  There is also 2 collection files, one for Residential and one for Community.

The Canvas Meshes
Puerto-del-Mar - default pictures

The Meshes
  • horizontal-rectangle (1-tile medium & large, 2-tile medium & large, 3-tile medium & large)
  • square  (1-tile small, medium & large, 2-tile medium & large, 3-tile medium & large)
  • vertical-rectangle  (1-tile small, medium & large, 2-tile medium & large)
  • vertical-rectangle-thin (1-tile small, medium & large)
  • oval  (1-tile small, medium & large

Simple Frame
Maxis Match Mahogony - default frame color

The Meshes
  • horizontal-rectangle (1-tile medium & large, 2-tile medium & large, 3-tile medium & large)
  • square  (1-tile small, medium & large, 2-tile medium & large, 3-tile medium & large)

Traditional Frame
Maxis Match Mahogony - default frame color

The Meshes

Notes:  All frames and canvas are adjustable with the AL and M&G cheat, so they move up/down/left/right.  All are base game, if for some reason one does not work please let me know.

The canvas all have the proper footprint based on tile size.  The frames all have 1-tile footprints, I simple did not want to have that many GUID's for 48 frames.

Price range for art is $75-$350, and each canvas  is +/- $25 from the paintings they were cloned from, so any room environment the originals had will apply to these.  The frames however were cloned from the Collection paintings ($200) and have a price range of $25-$50.

Paintings Cloned
  • Suspense
  • Lady on Red
  • Red vs. Blue
  • Sim City at Night
  • Rolling Hills
  • In the Beginning
  • Spherical Splendor

DL
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:03:51 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, Karlene, croi

Offline wawa180859

Re: Mix-n-Match Canvas Art & Frames
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:49:28 AM »
Hi HL!

I'm hoping this is a good place to make this post since the question I have deals with this creation you made.  If not, please move it to wherever you deem is appropriate.  (I should've probably put it in the Ask a Creator but .... ).

I've enjoyed using these meshes to create different artworks for the game.  I wanted to use it for another large set I'm working on.  I tried to use Lethe_s 3 tile banner mesh, but it's limited in shifting up/down the walls due to it's large size.  I thought the horizontal rectangular 3 tile master mesh would be ideal for creating the new recolours.  Only I've come across a snag that I'm not sure is fixable?  When recolouring, it won't allow altering the wall shadow .... and this is what it looks like ingame.

Is there something in the recolouring stage in SimPE that can eliminate the wall shadow ... or is it not possible since it's within the mesh?  I know .... could be a stupid question, but can't hurt to ask.

This is the .png image if necessary.

Thanks for any help/solution ... or if nothing possibly could change it .... Thanks for looking at it.  I'll just have to find another alternate mesh to try it with.  But this one seemed to be just ideal like I said .... sigh.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:53:57 AM by wawa180859 »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
The wall shadow is never editable when recoloring. :/

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »
Well, that answered that!  Thanks HL.  :)

Edit:  I had asked Sunni in the chatroom at PlumbBob Keep if she could make a new mesh.  She/I were wondering if it could be possible to clone yours with a new guid and remove the wall shadow?  Sunni said this wouldn't conflict with yours.  I'd ask her to keep your creator name in the new clone .... kinda HL-rect3tlrg-no shadow etc.  Would you mind if she did this for me HL?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:25:41 PM by wawa180859 »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
Yea that's fine!  :)  Although base game has a mesh similar to that pic, have you considered cloning that and modifying it?  It has the the rod holder thingy with a fabric mesh hanging.  Might need to be made wider and shorter.

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »
Well HL, with your kind permission, Sunni has reworked the necessary mesh with no shadow and has given it a unique guid so as not to conflict with yours.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for allowing this.

And here is the finished product, if you are interested.

The first of 35 in the complete set.

Slideshow of the full set

I posted it first at The Smithy with credit given to you and my Thanks.  You are A Doll!  

:thx :thx :thx
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:30:21 AM by wawa180859 »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:53 AM »
This looks great!

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:18:27 AM »
Looks awesome!  :D

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:58:44 AM »
This is the thread at the PlumbBob Keep.  There's already a few people that say Thanks to you in their comments.  Thought ya'd like to see it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal