Author Topic: Mansard roofs with tiles  (Read 11579 times)

Offline Gwenke

Mansard roofs with tiles
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:58:21 AM »
As requested by Mapat, here are three recolours for the AL and M&G mansard roofs, with tiles.
They are shown with the add-ons made by Bienchen  and Patchwork Sims, made repository by HugeLunatic here.

Download recolours for the AL Bohemian roof deco here
Download recolours for the M&G Empire roof deco here
Files are Compressorized.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:41:37 PM by Gwenke »

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Mansard roofs with tiles
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »
THese all turned out very well!  I think if you felt like it, a whole series of these matching maxis roofs would probably be well received.

And maybe even with white trim recolors, because I think the request pic might have been the roofs by phaenoah at MTS.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:15:15 AM »
The trim is actually mix-and-matchable and I believe both styles have white trim already.
I'm hesitant about doing more - or do these convincingly appear to be corrugated metal roof plates? Because no sane architect would put clay tiles on these roofs. But I've looked at them too long to be able to judge.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
I can believe they are corrugated metal and I think they came out very well  :wub I agree with Lunie that people would probably love to have more Maxis-matching options  :flowers

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »
lol  True about any sane architect and tiles, however there is nothing sane about building in TS2.  And thanks for reminding about the existing white edges, I had forgotten.  I don't think I've hardly opened my game in weeks, school, kids, everything is keeping me busy.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
Thank you for your opinions. I also think they are better than I expected. So corrugated metal they shall be. I'll be doing more, then. Also, the slate roof textures should work out nicely.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:25:54 AM »
Well done :)  This looks great :D
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

rgdyanne

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 05:42:42 AM »
Awesome job! :perfect10:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal